On July 19, 2021, Canada Government announced new public health measures for travellers to Canada.
- Fully vaccinated U.S. tourists can enter Canada starting August 9
- Hotel quarantine policy ending August 9
- Fully vaccinated children of Canadians, and other exempt travellers to have amended quarantine starting August 9
- Fully vaccinated tourists from all countries can enter September 7
- India flight ban extended to August 21
- More airports accepting international flights
Non-vaccinated travellers will continue to be subject to mandatory on-arrival and day 8 testing and still will have to complete their 3-night hotel stay while waiting for on-arrival test results. Individuals who have recovered from COVID-19, but who continue to test positive will be allowed to enter the country, presenting a positive COVID-19 molecular test result on a specimen taken 14 to 180 days prior to arrival in Canada as part of the pre-entry test requirements.