Everything you need to know about the new immigration pathways for temporary residents in Canada
On May 5, 2021, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) launched guidelines for six new temporary immigration programs targeting essential workers and international graduates residing in Canada. Eligible candidates can apply through IRCC’s online portal starting May 6, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. EDT time.
- Workers in Canada – Stream A for health care workers (20,000 applications)
- Workers in Canada – Stream B for essential non-health care workers (30,000 applications)
- International graduates (40,000 applications)
- Workers in Canada – Stream A for French-speaking health care workers (no cap)
- Workers in Canada – Stream B for French-speaking essential non-health care workers (no cap)
- French-speaking international graduates (no cap)