On May 26, 2021, the Government of Canada provided a new program delivery update for the Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway (TR2PR).
The new instructions included clarifications of the requirements to the temporary public policies for candidates. The guidelines state that applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be approved under any of the six streams:
- Legal entry into Canada and status as a temporary resident
- Official language proficiency
- Current work experience
- Intent to reside outside of Quebec
- Qualifying work experience
- Education requirements (international graduates from a Canadian institution and French-speaking international graduates from a Canadian institution)